Friday 6 June 2014

The Music Last Week, The Music This Week: June 1st, 2014 and June 8th 2014 (Plus a Side Note)

Alas! My life has felt very unorganized recently!

The Music Last Week: 

I really enjoyed the music last week, and I hope you did to. This was the last Sunday the choir was singing until September and I was really pleased with the work they did. It was an arrangement of Vivaldi's "Come and Be Joyful," not necessarily the easiest piece around and they rose to the challenge. I'm am looking forward to the fall when we can continue to improve our skills and bring life to the music we are singing.

The Music This Week:

Movies! Movies! Movies!

A little bit of our departure from our normal pieces. After the service this Sunday we will be having the Academy Awards for our St. Andrew's Stars and I wanted to celebrate that by playing some movie classics during the service. I've chosen both new and old favourites, so hopefully there is something for everyone.

I am delighted that the Youth Group will be joining us to sing "When You Believe" from The Prince of Egypt. It ties in well with the movie theme and Scott's sermon on discernment, so I want to thank them for making such a stellar choice.

Side Note: I am sure the good old rumour mill has gotten the news around by now, but if you haven't heard: Greg and I will be having a baby mid-October, so I will most likely have to leave you for a couple weeks (give you a break!) but I will certainly be back after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment